Welcome to the hub
the hub is a dynamic and entrepreneurial arts and creative enterprise development practice. Our ‘think and do tank’ model unites highly skilled industry savvy consultants, researchers, producers and trainers.
We are currently drawing up a short-list from 150 plus applications for our
Joining the Dots project. Expert mentoring and up to £10,000 funding will be awarded to test six brilliant ideas. More at joiningthedotsmusic.com
the hub videos
audiences consultancy digital projects festivals funding internships job opportunities joining the dots live events music music education new music plus.. news phrased and confused podcastconnex podcasting research skills development spoken word technology think training uncategorized video
The music industry has a communication not innovation problem
The problem with the music industry is not a lack of innovation – it’s a lack of communication. So says Dr Rob Toulson of the Innovation in Music conference which he co-founded to bring together big thinkers across musicology, technology development and the music industry as well as the artists themselves.Read More...
the hub’s director Julia Payne offers some fundraising tips
Our recent call for proposals for our Joining the Dots funding resulted in a mountain of applications – over 150 people submitted a short film about their idea. Our panel of assessors had a tough job; pretty much every single one had a really great idea at its heart, yet we could only take 1Read More...
How to run an award-winning festival
Record labels signing fewer bands, a closed shop operated by bigger promoters – and a lot of deer. Just some of the issues faced by Kendal Calling festival promotor Andy Smith who tells Karen Pirie how he and others like him are getting through it.Read More...
- Expect you're across this @DrRobt? @Radiohead and @PolyFauna's non-linear music and digital app http://t.co/02sVUPuY5P,
- Calling for contributions http://t.co/C4LCRArAVg @houseofhiss?,
- This looks very enticing http://t.co/GNDKjvMyr6,
- Beware the "raging armies of one" who defend narrow definitions of "folk" - says Elizabeth Kinder in @frootsmag http://t.co/3lwa2VXtXo,
- RT @katierosewindow: Skippety skip - adding a musical zing to spring - the latest @frootsmag is out and about! :) - http://t.co/1DbOlU06E8,