Welcome to the hub
the hub is a dynamic and entrepreneurial arts and creative enterprise development practice. Our ‘think and do tank’ model unites highly skilled industry savvy consultants, researchers, producers and trainers.
We are currently drawing up a short-list from 150 plus applications for our
Joining the Dots project. Expert mentoring and up to £10,000 funding will be awarded to test brilliant music business ideas. More at joiningthedotsmusic.com
the hub on film
audiences consultancy digital projects festivals funding internships job opportunities joining the dots live events music music education new music plus.. news phrased and confused podcastconnex podcasting research skills development spoken word technology think training uncategorized video
Why do you do what you do?
We’ll soon be announcing the winners of our Joining the Dots project and finding out what inspired their brilliant music industry ideas. In this blog entrepreneur Derek Sivers offers advice on what should NOT inspire your bright idea.Read More...
Why my code and ideas are public
Our six winning Joining the Dots applicants will be sharing their progress and learning as they put their project into practice over the coming months. Musician and entrepreneur Derek Sivers blogs on why sharing is such a good idea.Read More...
From Now On Festival packed with fans of indie, electronic and experimental music
A sell-out celebration of the “edgy Welsh-language music scene” translates well into the mainstream – with thrashing harp, ethereal electro pop and a little help from LA’s Lucky Dragons.Read More...
- Follow @BPI_Music for all the latest at Indie BPI. Currently Will from @Shazam is giving a very interesting talk.,
- RT @billboard: Today in '83, @MichaelJackson's "Billie Jean" spent its 7th & final week atop the #Hot100: http://t.co/MFRUuxiK44,
- RT @ArtsPro: #APNews: ACE gives Channel 4 £3m to provide a "radical alternative" to BBC's arts programming http://t.co/ztnL43b7jN,
- RT @SoundCity: Sound City launches an exciting programme for digital, music & creative businesses in Merseyside; for more info go to http://t.co/bX6wgi29Wg,
- Apparently 15% of people buy music they never intend on playing?! Are you one of them?http://t.co/sTBB0igXps,