Join our team! We’re looking for a p/t freelance comms and content hubster
Founded in 2002, the hub develops new thinking and practice in the creative sector. A social enterprise, we have a particular passion for championing the new and the independent, and for supporting creative freelancers and entrepreneurs. We work on projects that excite us, and that enable our peers to meet their potential. We’re on the hunt for someone to join us as a freelancer comms and content ‘hubster’…
OUR WORK DURING THE PANDEMIC
As part of our response to Covid 19, we launched 2 new programmes in 2020 to support creative freelancers and entrepreneurs better protect their mental health and develop more resilient careers and businesses:
· BALANCE: a series of monthly talks and drop ins designed to help fellow artists, freelancers and creative entrepreneurs balance their minds and their books. Developed with Mindapples and the Creative Industries Federation, you can see the videos on our Youtube channel and all the follow up resources on our blog.
· RE:SET: our national action learning programme (developed with the Creative Industries Federation), which so far has supported 64 freelancers over 6 months, via regular group coaching sessions (called action learning sets).
We’re developing both these projects in 2021, which is why we now need someone like you…
The lowdown on the role
We’re now looking for an experienced, lateral thinking and proactive freelance comms and content expert to join the project team part time ASAP until the end of May. Your brief as our Comms and Content ‘hubster’ will be to help develop and then deliver a comms and content strategy that will maximise engagement with, and the reach of, all new and existing Balance content and all project events between February and June 2021.
Your focus will be threefold:
- To co-develop and deliver the comms strategy for the project
- To create and curate a range of new and existing project-related digital content
- To maximise reach of, and engagement with, all project events and other content
You’ll be an experienced comms person with all the digital marketing skills that go with that, a great content creator, and someone who loves being part of a team but can cut it working remotely. Ideally, you’ll have worked on sector/professional development projects. Oh, and you also get a buzz out of making a difference.
Sound like you? Then we’d love to hear from you!
Find out more about the role and how to apply in our Comms and content hubster recruitment pack
Head to our Covid response programme summary for more about our freelancer support in the pandemic.
Any questions, do email Julia Payne: [email protected]
The other stuff you need to know…
Deadline for applications: 31 January
Interviews: 4 February (on zoom)
Terms: Part time fixed term contract until end May 2021, starting ASAP in February
Fee: £8000, based on a day rate of approx. £175/day